You’ve probably heard us talk about the importance of oil changes before. However, did you realize there are other essential vehicle fluids that need to be checked, changed, or topped off routinely? Don’t fret – when you come to our Mazda service center in Irving, TX, we can ensure all of your fluids are doing exactly what they’re meant to do.
Common Vehicle Fluids
- Oil –This fluid ensures that the engine and other parts of your powertrain are properly lubricated. You need an oil change every 3,000 to 4,000 miles, or at least three times per year.
- Radiator fluid/antifreeze/coolant –These fluids keep your engine from overheating during use.
- Transmission fluid –This fluid lubricates the transmission, so your car can smoothly shift from one gear to another.
- Brake fluid –This fluid prevents unnecessary friction on brake pads and other braking-related mechanisms.
- Air conditioning fluid –This fluid helps your A/C blow out cold air, which comes in handy when temperatures rise.
- Washer fluid –This fluid is a cleaner used for your windshield wipers. This is the one fluid you could easily refill yourself.
Not only do our service technicians check and top off fluids during your routine oil changes, but we can also diagnose fluid leaks and other issues you may encounter. While some fluids are important for efficiency, others are absolutely essential for safety. Don’t mess around if you notice your car leaking a green or orange fluid!
If your check engine light is on, or you need any type of assistance, come to our seasoned Mazda mechanics. We routinely offer service specials designed to save you money on fluid refills, brake jobs, and more. Schedule your service appointment now at Freeman Mazda near Dallas, TX!